We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Release & Issue Management team supports the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road. We ensure that any and all issues affecting the AV’s performance are triaged, tracked, and driven to closure in a timely manner, whether they are caused by hardware, software, or anything in between. We enable rapid iteration and development by executing and ever-improving the release process that gets our code to the road. We are in search of a senior engineer to strengthen and expand the conduit of information between our organization and the embedded systems team. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are released and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Be the point of contact with Embedded Systems. Helping to prioritize and drive closure to issues impacting AV stability and performance.
- Evaluating and analyzing autonomous system performance to support development and safety
- Performing root cause analysis on complex integrated systems and deep-diving into AV diagnostics
- Owning specific AV performance metrics, and driving issues that affect those metrics to closure
- Interacting with software developers and hardware engineers to maintain alignment and appropriate prioritization of solutions.
- Reporting on the status of high-priority issues to senior leadership
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5-7+ years' experience with root cause analysis or complex troubleshooting across multidisciplinary systems
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Computer Science, or another related field
- Proficiency with the Unix command line interface
- Embedded Systems (development, testing, validation) experience
- Strong spatial comprehension, computational, and communication skills
- Passion for building self-driving technology and understanding its potential impact on the world
- Python, or other scripting language experience
- GitHub and git experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.