We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Design Organization:
The Design team is a passionate, multidisciplinary group of designers, researchers, and 3D artists that drive the experience of Cruise’s self-driving car service. We’re solving the challenge of introducing emerging self-driving technology to people’s everyday routines. With the support of General Motors, our team creates a holistic, end-to-end experience of our self-driving ride-sharing platform, from consistent brand presence to designing the vehicle interiors of tomorrow. We’re building a team of individuals who will help us thoughtfully craft every touchpoint a rider will have with our vehicles.
About the role:
As a Senior Industrial Designer, you will be involved in every aspect of the product development process, from generating new product innovations to crafting the environment and finishes. You will leverage your full range of product thinking, industrial design, and maker skills to shape the future of autonomous vehicle experiences.
- Collaborate with our cross-functional teams to inspire, conceptualize, design, test, and develop projects.
- Lead the entire design process—working within an environment where scope and constraints may change quickly.
- Sketch and prototype physical models of new experiences to bring ideas to life.
- Use all types of design tools to support form development, design detailing, and prototyping; Create 2D and 3D renderings with photorealistic imagery.
- Leverage your superior visual communication skills to bring awareness and solicit feedback from partners early and often.
- Understand and balance user experience with the value of color, materials, and finishes in your designs.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- You’re committed to craft, sweat the details, and love technical challenges.
- You thrive in ambiguous environments.
- You have excellent hand sketching and form development skills.
- A passion for designing the elements of a service beyond the bevels.
- Ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs, receive feedback gracefully, and contribute to the work of others.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant digital tools Adobe CC, 3D CAD, rendering software.
- Ample technical knowledge to translate your designs for engineering.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.