We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
The Head of Leadership Development will report to the Global Head of L&D and work closely with senior leaders across the business to establish and implement a leadership development strategy that addresses the needs of front line people managers up through our C-suite.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Partner with senior leaders, the HR leadership team, and HR Business Partners to understand the specific skills required of people managers and senior leaders.
- Establish short and long term leadership development strategies for Cruise that takes into account Cruise business objectives and the current state of Cruise’s leadership community
- Communicate leadership development strategies to senior leaders and key stakeholders to gain feedback and buy in
- Modify the strategies based on feedback
- Translate strategies into objectives that will drive comprehensive leadership development programs.
- Partner with L&D’s Program Design & Development Lead and external learning and development vendors to design, build and test leadership development programs.
- Partner with the Program Design & Development lead to outline project plans as well as track and report on project status.
- Deliver leadership development programs and comprehensive evaluation strategies aligned to key metrics that help Cruisers develop and grow.
- Develop and implement communication plans that advertise and develop engagement for leadership development programs.
- Manage the delivery of leadership development programs including logistics, risk mitigation, etc., leveraging a support team to do so
- Establish tight-knit relationships with senior leaders, line management, HR Business Partners, and the broader employee population.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in building and scaling learning and development programs for an organization
- A minimum of 5 years of experience developing and implementing leadership development strategies that include digital learning
- Energized by a challenge, are forward-thinking, credible and dedicated to producing high quality work
- Strong technical skills, analytical thinking, and an outstanding ability to operationalize global learning programs
- Outstanding learning operational skills; we’re scaling fast and need to bring rigor to program communications, global roll-outs, reporting, evaluation etc
- Strong quantitative skills and the ability to define and solve problems quickly, while maintaining the focus on the bigger picture
- Strong consulting and relationship building skills
- Strong influencing skills; ability to work in a collaborative and team-centric culture
- Enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others. A track record of building high performing teams
- A strong sense of affinity with the rapid pace of a growing and dynamic company
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Able to package and present complex analysis and recommendations clearly
- Well-versed in digital learning, just-in-time/micro-learning, and blended learning strategies
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment while producing high-quality programs and tactical execution
- Possess operational rigor, detail orientation, strong problem-solving skills, and analytical capability
- Commitment to diversity, belonging, and valuing different perspectives
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.