We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced software to fuel the driverless cars that safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Role
Cruise is looking for a Power Engineer to help us optimize, bring up, and debug board level power designs through hands on work in the lab.In this position, you will work directly in the power team to support hardware, electrical, and validation engineers across Cruise. If you're interested in learning how to optimize power for automotive applications, enjoy being hands on in the lab, and solving some of the biggest power challenges in the industry, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work hands on in the lab daily on various power topologies such as buck, boost, buck-boost, LDO, hotswap, ideal diode, and surge-stopper applications
- Collect test data and provide detailed test reports
- Optimize existing power designs and provide recommended design changes to electrical and hardware engineers across Cruise to meet power performance specifications
- Prototype and evaluate new power technologies to validate feasibility in future architectures
- Provide input in schematic, layout, and design reviews
- Support existing designs through deployment and implementation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Two or more years of power electronics experience
- Power electronics and analog circuit fundamentals
- Familiarity with lab test equipment (Oscilloscopes, function generators, spectrum analyzer/bode machines, DMM, current probes, etc) and proper measuring techniques
- Ability to solder and rework existing boards safely with a high attention to detail and test process
- Experience using design tools & simulations to validate and debug board level issues
- Two to three years working directly with board level power
- Understanding of control systems and loop response
- Experience in input protection circuitry
- Experience testing for automotive applications to ISO 26262, ISO 16750-2, ISO 7637, ESD, EFT, and Surge Immunity
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.