We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Design organization
Design is a passionate group of leaders across design, research, brand, and 3D environments. We craft the experience people have with Cruise – from our self-driving vehicles, to our software, to the way people experience our brand. We’re solving the challenge of introducing self-driving technology to people’s lives with a commitment to making a positive impact in the world."
About the role
As Senior Brand Designer, you’ll be a part of designing the key brand touchpoints for the Cruise brand: our cars, in-car experience (digital and sensorial), environments design, design assets for use in brand communication (advertising and web), employee engagement artifacts and internal communication tools. From early idea development to the refinement of each execution, you will leverage your full range of visual design skills to shape the future of autonomous vehicle experiences.
Day-to-day responsibilities include
- Designing the wide array of touchpoints of the Cruise brand.
- Exploring the possibilities of the new Cruise brand identity system: pushing its use and range of expression.
- Environmental design: e.g. brand identity in our buildings
- Employee engagement artifacts: e.g. Cruise swag, artifacts: foundational set of hallmark Cruise designs
- In-car experience: the design of every brand touchpoint in the rideshare user journey; defining the “moments that matter”
- Collaborating with the various stakeholders across Cruise to bring the brand to life: product, marketing, employee experience, communications, recruiting, facilities.
You may be a good fit if you
- Have 4 or more years of relevant experience
- Have strong visual and typographic design skills.
- Working knowledge of brand identity application across touchpoints.
- Are committed to craft, sweat the details, and love implementation challenges.
- Thrive in ambiguous environments.
- Have the ability to thoughtfully communicate your designs, receive feedback gracefully.
- Have experience implementing quality designs.
- Have digital product design experience
- Have print production experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.