We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Role:
As the Product Manager for AV Software Release Management, you will work with a cross-functional team of data scientists, designers and engineers to lead the vision, strategy, and roadmap for the release management product line. This includes leading initiatives with our Senior Leadership Team (SLT) to define and report the company's top-line metrics, Data Science to inform the routes taken by our AVs, and QA / AV Engineers to track, report and monitor health of each release.
In the AV Acceleration product area, we provide high-impact tools designed to accelerate the rate of AV software development. We sit within a broader product area called On-Road Products, tasked with delivering products that enable Cruise to seamlessly run a fleet of AVs for all of our business lines.
- Act as the product owner of release management across AV development, Rideshare and delivery business groups
- Set the vision for release management, leveraging your knowledge of the industry and out-of-the-box thinking
- Translate that vision into a strategy and roadmap that lays out priorities at a project-by-project level
- Work closely with the SLT, Data Science, Quality Assurance, AV Engineering, Rideshare Business group and New Business Initiatives group to understand business and operational requirements and objectives for our release management product line
- Collaborate with the SLT, Data Science, Design, Engineering, and UX Research teams to develop user requirements for these systems and identify novel opportunities to improve the products
- Write requirements and feature documentation for initiatives within your roadmap
- Define and track success criteria and metrics within your product area
- Represent and evangelize your product(s) internally
- Gather input and feedback from relevant stakeholders
- Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful software product throughout its lifecycle, including experience managing backend services
- Experience launching technical products or services
- Relentless focus on understanding, prioritizing, and solving user needs
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Ability to collaborate and communicate efficiently across teams
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or prior work experience as a software engineer
- Strong business acumen - MBA or equivalent work experience
- Prior experience in fields related to the product area
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.