We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About Maneuver Planning:
The Maneuver Planning organization handles decision-making in urban environments, including collision avoidance, unprotected turns, four-way-stops, lane changes, going around double-parked vehicles, and more. Engineers on this team develop algorithms and systems for handling complex maneuvers and road scenarios, and work to write code that is clean, clear, efficient and reliable. We collaborate closely with the Prediction and Motion Planning teams to deliver robust, general solutions that capture the nuances of driving safely on the road.
Within Maneuver Planning, there are four teams you could work with:
The Behaviors team is responsible for end-to-end maneuver performance. They drive projects to create new maneuvers and ways of representing behavioral decision making and scene interpretation.
The Solvers team develops and improves core algorithms in order to accurately generate trajectories in real-time.
The Pathing team focuses on the lateral aspect of generating a safe, comfortable and human-like trajectory.
The Planning Interactions team works closely with the Prediction and other Maneuver Planning teams to integrate prediction of other agents into the planning software.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Invent, extend, design and implement algorithms that inform how a self-driving car should safely and comfortably navigate thousands of complex scenarios a day in the dense, unstructured environments of San Francisco
- Write reliable, scalable and high-performance software in C++
- Test and validate your software through unit and integration tests, simulations, and analysis of on-road performance
- Collaborate closely with members of adjacent teams on joint, high-impact projects
- Thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative work environment where immediate impact is a result of your efforts and where your contributions are highly visible
- Embody Cruise behaviors: Stay Safe, Own It, Stay Focused, Seek Truth, Work Together, Be Humble
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience writing production code in modern C++
- Experience implementing scalable and maintainable software design patterns
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Experience working in robotics or a similar field
- Experience designing software applications for safety critical systems
- Experience developing real-time systems
- Expertise in optimization theory or graph solving
- Experience solving problems with computational geometry
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including a 401(k) matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, and snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly health stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.