We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
Cruise is looking for a Senior Contingent Workforce Program Manager who will play an integral role in shaping the future of our global contingent workforce program. Reporting to the Head of Contingent Workforce Strategy this role will primarily be responsible for providing business support to our Global Markets team, managing the MSP and VMS providers, and driving program level projects and initiatives from inception to completion.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Manage day to day operations of the contingent workforce program, including direct oversight of the MSP and VMS providers
- Partner with Cruise managers to advise, educate and influence on a wide range of Contingent Workforce issues
- Partner with Head of Contingent Workforce to develop best in class contingent workforce policies and procedures
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners such as Employment Counsel, HRBPs, IT and Finance teams to drive consistency and compliance
- Identify issues proactively based on discussions with business partners
- Influence at all levels of the organization and be willing to have difficult conversations
- Facilitate resolution of ER issues, accommodations requests, investigations and other HR/ER type issues for contingent workers
- Act as a culture ambassador fostering an environment of advocacy and fairness across the Contingent Workforce population
- Solve challenges using a data driven approach
- Drive program level project initiatives
- Complete ad hoc projects as needed
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience preferred
- 5-10 years experience managing Contingent Workforce or MSP programs
- Experience managing, configuring, or working with VMS technologies
- Strong organizational skills and collaborative management style a must
- Strong understanding of employment laws and practices
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently with limited oversight
- Strong customer service skills and proven experience performing in a growing environment
- Strong project management and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience handling sensitive matters with discretion and compassion
- Experience exercising independent judgment in the application of company/program policies and practices to determine appropriate action or guidance
- Experience interacting and influencing all levels of a professional organization without direct authority
- CCWP, SHRM, or PHR certification
- Interest in self-driving cars
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.