Senior HRIS Business Analyst (People Tech)
We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
Cruise is looking for an experienced and motivated Business Systems Analyst to join our team and provide functional and technical expertise across our various People Technology platforms, including business process configuration, report development, integration point development, and data management. This role will report to the Head of HR Technology and work closely with various internal teams (People, Recruiting, Finance, and IT), business line leaders, and People system vendors to effectively meet the People technology needs of the organization. You should be willing to learn continuously, be able to work independently, and enjoy working as a team member within and across groups.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise to recommend changes & solutions to address business challenges and implement solutions with acceptance from business process owners
- Act as the Functional Lead for system releases, new functionality implementations, optimization requests and prioritizing open issues with internal People, Finance, and IT partners
- Own entire process from requirements gathering, documentation, testing (creating test plans, perform testing, obtain user acceptance sign-off), communication/change management, and ensure highest level of adoption as new system features or functional areas are rolled out
- Project manage systems enhancements as well as medium to large projects such as deployment of new Workday modules or systems
- Recommend business process improvements to better prepare the company for scale and growth and be inventive in a dynamic work environment
- Demonstrate creative solutions that may suggest People & Process changes for our business, without relying solely on Systems solutions to address business needs
- Lead various operational tasks including, but not limited to: Triage ticket intake for the People Systems team (including security, data, reporting, integrations), manage operational support vendor(s) in resolving open items, participate in rotational ownership of leading system updates/upgrades
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of HRIS/Workday experience in supporting and configuring at least 3 of the following modules; HCM, Time Tracking, Absence, Benefits, Payroll, Advanced Compensation, Talent and Performance, Security Management, Data Management, Reporting, Integrations
- Relationship builder with excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with both technical and non-technical users
- Experience resolving tickets related to HRIS systems and serving as SME on people system
- Experience with data audits and reconciliations for employee data (onboarding, payroll, compensation grades, salary, incentives, allowances, benefits elections, etc.)
- Advanced knowledge of Workday calculated fields, report writing and security
- Advanced Workday report writing skills; ability to produce matrix and trended analytics, as well as custom reports using BIRT
- Working knowledge of Workday Integration architecture supporting connectors and custom inbound and outbound integrations; including EIBs, Web Services, API’s, RaaS, Studio and Cloud Connect. Partner with technical counterparts on identifying suggested/required integrations that support automation of data flows
- Experience working with HR in proactively providing meaningful analytics that the business can use in decision making or that serve as a call to action
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and effectively collaborate across teams
- Proven ability to deal with sensitive and confidential company & personnel data
- Self-starter, proactive, analytical, detail oriented, and value collaborative team approach
- Working knowledge of Google Suite, JIRA
- Workday Pro Accreditation
- Workday implementation experience
- Experience with Greenhouse and Tableau integrations
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.