We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
This role will be focussed on managing our Infrastructure Security team as well as building an operational capability of supporting critical path security services.
The Infrastructure Security team at Cruise focuses on partnering with groups throughout the company to build, maintain, and operationalize the security of our infrastructure. We believe that doing things the secure way should be easy and the default experience for all teams at Cruise. This involves the creation and ownership of critical security services and infrastructure, working with teams to design and deploy secure infrastructure patterns, and the stewardship of our environment to identify and remediate issues. Fundamentally we desire to build the libraries, tools, and practices which scale beyond the team to help our systems start and stay secure.
We are especially interested in speaking with candidates that have diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’re solving novel security problems at Cruise; novel perspectives make this easier!
What you'll be doing:
- Manage a team of high functioning security engineers
- Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long term strategies for securing the infrastructure at Cruise
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to build the relationships and trust necessary to improve the state of security
- Enable the team to deliver projects and roll out security tools at scale
What you must have:
- Experience managing and mentoring diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
- A broad and practical understanding of security fundamentals
- Specific experience in infrastructure security; especially with modern build and deployment techniques, and the design of secure distributed systems.
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- An interest in building creative solutions to challenging security problems
- Experience in creating security strategies and plans to meet business objectives
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc) ... some open source examples from the team include:
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.