We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
This role will be focussed on managing our Infrastructure Security team as well as building an operational capability of supporting critical path security services.
The Infrastructure Security team at Cruise focuses on partnering with groups throughout the company to build, maintain, and operationalize the security of our infrastructure. We believe that doing things the secure way should be easy and the default experience for all teams at Cruise. This involves the creation and ownership of critical security services and infrastructure, working with teams to design and deploy secure infrastructure patterns, and the stewardship of our environment to identify and remediate issues. Fundamentally we desire to build the libraries, tools, and practices which scale beyond the team to help our systems start and stay secure.
We are especially interested in speaking with candidates that have diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We’re solving novel security problems at Cruise; novel perspectives make this easier!
- Manage a team of high functioning security engineers
- Work with the team to define and deliver short, middle, and long term strategies for securing the infrastructure at Cruise
- Partner with teams throughout the organization to build the relationships and trust necessary to improve the state of security
- Enable the team to deliver projects and roll out security tools at scale
- Experience managing and mentoring diverse individuals (diverse in both experience and skill set)
- A broad and practical understanding of security fundamentals
- Specific experience in infrastructure security; especially with modern build and deployment techniques, and the design of secure distributed systems.
- Practical knowledge and experience working in public cloud environments (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- An interest in building creative solutions to challenging security problems
- Experience in creating security strategies and plans to meet business objectives
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc) ... some open source examples from the team include:
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.