We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise is looking for a Systems Engineer to design a sensor suite with a focus on incorporating radars as well as to define requirements for autonomous vehicle integrity, to interface with stakeholders on implementation details, and direct validation activities.
In this position, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and Autonomous Vehicle technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in being intellectually challenged while working on technology that will change the world, let's chat!
What you'll be doing:
- Apply solid technical understanding, critical reasoning, and a structured approach to solving problems in both familiar and unfamiliar domains
- Support and approve radar component requirements
- Conduct requirement reviews with all stakeholders in alignment with safety and regulatory constraints
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, scope out, and solve ambiguous open-ended problems
- Trace requirements implementation throughout all stages of hardware and software integration
- Communicate and negotiate requirements with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for leadership and cross-functional teamwork, providing assistance in the development of consensus and win-win situations
- Provide constructive feedback on team members' work
What you must have:
- 7+ years of industry experience in automotive sensors, aerospace, startup environment, radar, autonomous vehicle development, systems engineering, or other related disciplines
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or another related field
- Industry experience in System Engineering and requirements management including system analysis, requirements authoring, test generation, and validation activities
- Familiarity with requirements management tools, such as JAMA
- Working knowledge of radars
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Manage multiple priorities while maintaining the tasks at hand
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Coding proficiency with Python, Matlab, or other similar scientific programming languages
- Experience with SOTIF standard and processes
- ISO 26262 or other relevant risk management standards compliance experience
- Autonomous vehicle startup experience
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We’re Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.