We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people with the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Systems Engineer to design a sensor suite with a focus on incorporating radars as well as to define requirements for autonomous vehicle integrity, to interface with stakeholders on implementation details, and direct validation activities.
In this position, you will have the chance to work at the intersection of hardware, software and autonomous vehicle technology and have a hand in nearly every component of a technically sophisticated autonomous system.
If you're interested in being intellectually challenged while working on technology that will change the world, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Apply solid technical understanding, critical reasoning, and a structured approach to solving problems in both familiar and unfamiliar domains
- Conduct requirement reviews with all stakeholders in alignment with safety and regulatory constraints
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, scope out, and solve ambiguous open-ended problems
- Trace requirements implementation throughout all stages of hardware and software integration
- Communicate and negotiate requirements with internal and external stakeholders
- Responsible for leadership and cross-functional teamwork, providing assistance in the development of consensus and win-win situations
- Provide constructive feedback on team members' work
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years of industry experience in automotive sensors, aerospace, optical sensors, motion sensors, autonomous vehicle development, systems engineering, or other related disciplines
- MS or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, Physics, or another related field
- Working knowledge of radar
- Industry experience in system engineering and requirements management including system analysis, requirements authoring, test generation, and validation activities
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate under ambiguity
- Manage multiple priorities while maintaining the tasks at hand
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Coding proficiency with Python, Matlab, or other similar scientific programming languages
- Familiarity with requirements management tools, such as JAMA
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.