We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
Cruise is creating a new-to-the-world service and a world-changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility. On the legal side, the rules are being written now, and we’re the team charged with helping guide the company on legal and risk considerations as we unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you’ll have a big impact on high stakes decisions, working with technical and development teams solving some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation. This position will report to our Senior Counsel for Privacy and Product.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Work closely with stakeholders from Security, Privacy, and Legal to maintain and improve our company-wide privacy and security programs
- Develop and manage a privacy operations program, including processing requests to facilitate individual/consumer privacy rights
- Support the privacy cross-functional team in documenting privacy risks, planning privacy ops integration strategies, and overseeing privacy ops integrations
- Manage and respond to data loss prevention (DLP) alerts
- Monitor global privacy and security legislation, evolving regulations, and enforcement where relevant and contribute to team’s education and awareness
- Manage operational privacy issues that arise in all manner of commercial relationships
- Assist in project managing updates to Cruise’s privacy statements
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders to manage privacy training content
- Remain current on advancements in information privacy and security technologies and changing applicable federal and state privacy laws and standards to ensure organizational adaptation and compliance
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience in operations, legal, or policy
- 3+ years of experience in Program Management on technical cross-functional projects
- Experience in privacy with one of the following privacy principles or technologies: privacy by design, user data protection, GDPR, data inventory, DLP, Encryption, anonymization or privacy impact assessments
- Experience includes privacy governance or privacy operations management
- Ability to collaborate on multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
- Proven ability to manage complex cross-functional projects
- Highly responsive with excellent organizational and communication skills
- CIPP/CIPT/CIPM Certification or similar is a plus but not a hard requirement
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.