We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise Hardware Compute and Networking team is responsible for designing compute and networking platforms for Autonomous Cars and the team is looking for a Senior hardware design engineer who has experience and passion to design mission critical compute hardware designs. In this position, you will be working closely with System Architecture, Signal Integrity, Power Integrity, Mechanical/Thermal, Embedded Systems, Functional Safety (FuSA) & Security experts.
- Work closely with systems and architecture teams to review the high level requirements for next gen compute systems to derive the fundamental compute processing needs and sub components around the compute to meet said requirements
- Assess the hardware design complexity and write detail specifications guide with any implementation techniques to share with Tier 1/2 design partners
- Design electronic circuits and logic design using standard schematic tools such as Cadence/Altium
- Collaborate with layout engineers for placement study & high speed routing techniques to meet Signal Integrity (SI) constraints and budgets
- Interaction with software stakeholders to define the diagnostics coverage to meet the functional safety requirements.
- Participate in board bring up activities along with hardware test & validation team members and demonstrate the ability to apply analytical skills for debugging and troubleshooting critical failures.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 5 + years of experience designing complex hardware/systems from concept to mass production for automotive, robotic, aerospace industry
- Extensive knowledge in CPU/GPU architecture including ARM, MIPS and/or x86, NVIDIA
- Strong knowledge in EE fundamentals and experience designing high reliability and safety critical electronics hardware
- Experience with designs involving high speed interfaces such as DDR, PCIe, Ethernet & low speed interfaces I2C, SPI, UART and CAN
- Experience using bench power supplies, high-speed oscilloscopes, logic analyzers, and thermal/heat chambers
- Bachelors or Masters of Science degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or equivalent discipline
- Strong organizational, communication and presentation skills
- Experience with heterogeneous computing architecture & designs
- Spacecraft computer designs
- Experience with ASIL B/D based chipsets
- Functional Safety, high availability and reliability systems experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.