We're the driverless car company. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact.
We're looking for an Administrative Assistant to support our Director of Infrastructure in our Engineering Organization. Our ideal candidate will thrive in our innovative, fast-paced, and growing organization, while also expanding their skill set and abilities in pace with the company. This candidate will have success in the technical side of our business, and help to cultivate connectivity across the department by driving efficiency and bringing productivity to the next level.
- Act as gatekeeper, time-advocate, and liaison for Executive by handling multiple requests for Executive’s time, utilizing strong judgment in managing priority of requests, and escalating as necessary for resolution
- Create efficiency and balance for your Executive by managing a busy and ever-changing calendar and schedule
- Arrange travel, schedule transit, make event arrangement and reservations for Executive
- Plan, coordinate, and facilitate various meetings, functions, and events including quarterly retreats and team-building offsites
- Manage/assist with team meetings, team calendars, and team Slack channels
- Point person to assist with team requests and problem-solve, helping to keep the team on track and organized
- Gain familiarity with internal tools and systems used by team
- Assist with preparation of presentation materials including the formatting of documents and presentations
- Manage and track team budgets
- Expense reimbursements for Executive
- Help drive recruitment and hiring as-needed (project management of candidate screening, schedules, process support)
- Be a culture-contributor: track, highlight, and celebrate important team cultural/career moments such as birthdays and work anniversaries
- Potentially develop new processes for a growing team
- Adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing environment
- Incredible attention to detail
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven sound judgement managing sensitive and confidential matters
- Bias towards exceptional customer service for internal and external audiences
- Team-player, can-do attitude
- Project coordination experience
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and staff, as well as with outside contacts from the private sector, academia, and government
- Exceptional proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Bachelor’s degree
- Interest in self-driving cars!
- Startup or non-profit experience
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.