We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Embedded Systems Test team is dedicated to building test coverage for all the embedded software and firmware that is part of the autonomous vehicle system developed by Cruise. We work closely with software development, hardware, and systems teams to achieve our goals.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design creative test cases to verify, stress, and break software running on actual hardware
- Test and characterize vehicle systems and networks (Ethernet, CANbus, Wi-Fi, Cellular/LTE/5G, GNSS/GPS)
- Develop automated test cases in Python to support communication testing
- Find, characterize, debug, and manage issues through resolution on hardware, drivers, and in embedded software
- Communicate test results to product owners and internal customers
- Develop internal tools to help other developers and testers use and test the product
- Develop tools to post-process data from test automation
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 7+ years experience executing and defining test cases for communication systems
- Ability to characterize, test, debug, and verify Wi-Fi, LTE, CANbus, communication protocols, and ethernet networks
- Experience in identifying and debugging issues related to desense, SNR, co-channel interference, and coexistence
- Experience in Wireshark (or OmniPeek) to identify issues within a packet capture
- Experience with using digital attenuators, RF boxes, combiners, rate vs. range, iPerf, and associated test tools
- Experience using Ixia or Spirent network testers
- Experience testing and characterizing time synchronization protocols (ie: 802.1AS)
- Experience writing test plans, defining test cases, and assessing risk
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or equivalent real world experience
- Outstanding communication and written skills
- Experience with using Rohde & Schwarz CMW-500 communications tester (or equivalent) for cellular, Wi-Fi, and GPS/GNSS testing
- Experience developing in C, C++
- Ability to write and document clear Python code
- GitHub and git experience
- Experience using GPS/GNSS simulators
- Experience with automated test frameworks (e.g., Pytest, Robot Framework), Jira, svn/git, and Continuous Integration systems (e.g., Jenkins, CircleCI)
- Experience testing medical devices, aviation, automotive, or other safety critical applications
- Experience testing systems that utilize complex communications systems in industries such as cellular, computer, consumer electronics, aerospace/military, vehicle component manufacturing, or other similar industries
Perks of being a Cruiser.
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.