We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a generalist systems engineer to ensure Cruise has stellar requirements and traceability.
In this position, you will work with stakeholders across the business and externally to ensure feature requirements are documented and agreed to. You will also be responsible for driving the change control process; performing impact analyses, documenting changes, and publishing updates in a responsible manner. You will work closely with business, systems engineering, legal, marketing, PMO, HW and SW teams as well as external stakeholders at OEM and tier ones.
If you're interested in defining what drives autonomous vehicle capabilities, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Defining requirements at the highest level to capture varied goals from stakeholders.
- Conducting requirement reviews across business and engineering teams.
- Diligently tracking and communicating changes to requirements.
- Creating and maintaining requirements traceability across top-level documentation.
- Combining varied business and requirement documentation into useful forms for engineering.
- Work with stakeholders to determine the impact of changes to requirements at the highest level.
- Providing insight into how requirements shape future development.
- Creating or working with the teams to create the analysis between the requirements levels
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Previous commercial experience (3-5+ years) in systems engineering, quality management or product development role
- Previous experience performing DFMEAs, FTAs, and other hazard analyses related to quality
- Able to work quickly but thoroughly, with strong attention to detail
- Able to ramp up quickly on new and unfamiliar technical areas
- Understanding of engineering concepts such as system design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- BS, MS, PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software) or another applicable technical degree
- Understanding of how mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components behave and interact together in a complex electromechanical system
- Previous hands-on experience with autonomous or robotic systems
- Experience with the automotive industry, product development or service
- Familiarity with functional and operational safety protocols (e.g. FAA, FDA)
Perks of being a Cruiser.
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.