We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Systems Engineering Manager to ensure Cruise has a stellar requirements process and execution.
In this position, you will work with stakeholders across the embedded systems, hardware, business and externally to ensure requirements are well-crafted and agreed upon. You will also be responsible for making sure that the appropriate analysis is conducted between the requirements levels to ensure complete coverage. You will work closely with business, security, safety, systems engineering, legal, marketing, PMO, HW and SW teams as well as external stakeholders at the OEM and tier one level.
If you're interested in creating a scalable requirements database for autonomous vehicles, let's chat!
- Working at all levels of requirements to ensure good quality requirements are specified at every level
- Outlining the appropriate scope and intent of each level of requirement
- Creating or working with the teams to create the analysis between the requirements levels
- Creating the process to clearly communicate requirements to external parties at all requirements levels.
- Working with cross-functional teams to educate on good requirements practices
- Creating a strategy for scalable requirements database that manages complexity in a simple way as we scale
- Lead trade off and budgeting discussions at all levels of requirements management
- Lead change management process across requirements organization, ensuring all key stakeholders are represented and party to decision making
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Previous commercial experience (3+ years) in quality management or product development role
- Auditing experience using the frameworks of ISO 9001, ISO 26262, or equivalent quality or functional safety framework in a product development environment
- Previous experience performing DFMEAs, FTAs, and other hazard analyses related to quality
- Able to work quickly but thoroughly, with strong attention to detail
- Able to ramp up quickly on new and unfamiliar technical areas
- Understanding of engineering concepts such as system design, implementation, testing, and maintenance
- BS, MS, PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software) or another applicable technical degree
- Understanding of how mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components behave and interact together in a complex electromechanical system
- Previous hands-on experience with autonomous or robotic systems
- Experience with the automotive industry, product development or service
- Familiarity with functional and operational safety protocols (e.g. FAA, FDA)
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.