We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Staff Bringup Engineer to help us build the L5 AV platform and next generation robot taxi.
In this position, you will partner with the System Architecture, Hardware Designer, Embedded Systems, Electrical Engineering teams and suppliers to identify AV computing hardware needs, understand hardware architecture and interfaces between different AV hardware components, design and execute bringup plans, manage the cross-functional Bring-up and validation in AV platform.
If you're interested in bring-up the AV hardware platform, integrate the hardware and software solution, diagnose AV platform issue and want to contribute to the endeavor, let's chat!
- Lead the hardware components integration, bring-up and debug activity
- Architect and contribute to the execution of HW bring up, validation and test support in new hardware designs
- AV platform level design, integration and test with hardware and software designs from internal and external
- Drive cross functional teams and stakeholders to address challenge issues during integration and bring-up
- Help develop/execute R&D and mass production-intent testing hardware and software for in house hardware projects, sensor characterization, calibration and test
- Communicate requirements and coordinate execution with multiple teams
- Troubleshoot and root cause, document and drive issues to closure
- Work closely with our manufacturing test and development teams to ensure AV content is being tested and validated in line with product and business goals
- Interact with development suppliers to ensure integration of debug interfaces
- Support and work closely with the Safety Integrity and Systems Engineering team to aid in requirements and continuous improvement. Coordinate with release teams and facilitate knowledge transfer from R&D learnings
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- You have a degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or equivalent experience
- You have leadership experience in hardware and software integration
- You have at least 10 years of hardware HW bring up, validation and test experience in industry
- You have good communication skills and can drive solutions in a challenging environment
- You are willing to confront a lot technical challenges
- You’ve successfully driven the system level integration and bring-up
- You are fluent in a variety of JTAG tools and HW bring up methods
- You are comfortable building software tools and test scripts to support bringup in C/Python/JSON: whatever is most appropriate to the challenge at-hand
- Automotive industry experience
- Experience working on electro-mechanical systems or robotics/automation
- Firmware development experience
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.