We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
We're looking for an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to guide the development of our safety strategy and requirements and their application to our systems and components.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Define overall safety concept including program-level metrics to measure the safety of our fleet
- Work with OEM Safety organizations to ensure all safety activities are understood at the vehicle level and are consistent between organizations
- Use deductive, inductive, and exploratory analyses to determine safety goals and requirements and to ensure that our designs meet them
- Work with Systems Engineering, Simulation and Test teams to develop sound rationale for safety requirements and quantifiable metrics to measure the safety integrity of our designs
- Review and challenge existing safety analysis and safety work products
- Work with QA and Test teams to develop safety verification and validation test methods
- Build and manage relationships with all relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS, Systems Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, or another relevant engineering field
- 3-5+ years of industry experience in complex software systems or other related disciplines
- ISO 26262 or other relevant risk management standards compliance experience
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with robotics or autonomous vehicles
- Experience with SOTIF standard and processes
- Experience working in a regulated environment
Perks of being a Cruiser.
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.