We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the Product Engineering team
The Product team is responsible for bringing autonomous vehicles to market. They own Cruise Anywhere, the autonomous ridesharing service (available to Cruise employees), as well as the dispatching and management tools needed to operate a driverless fleet.
Our mobile team is responsible for defining and building the user experience for driverless cars. We provide interactions with our passengers to give them the best experience possible as they enjoy the first full fledged Autonomous Vehicle ride-sharing network. We use iterative development to incorporate UX ideas and design feedback to improve our product.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Build cutting-edge iOS apps that utilize and interact with our autonomous vehicles
- Collaborate closely with our product and design teams to develop the highest quality and the most visually stunning apps imaginable
- Experiment with the latest iOS frameworks to test their viability for our apps, such as ARKit, Core NFC, etc.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Write unit and integration tests for the app
- Understand our robotics platform and how to interact with it efficiently
- Build frameworks, implement processes, and lead architectural decisions that improve the velocity of the team and the stability of the app
- Drive the adoption of better technologies and development practices
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 5+ years experience with iOS or macOS
- BS degree or equivalent work experience
- Strong programming skills in Swift with deep knowledge of development for iOS
- Deep understanding of Cocoa design patterns and API design
- Experience developing and launching multiple high-profile apps, preferably in the App Store
- Experience with both native and third party iOS frameworks to implement networking, websockets, serialization, animations, etc.
- Ability to work in areas outside of their usual comfort zone and get things done quickly
- Familiarity with backend technologies and how to interface with them. Backend development experience in Node.js, Python, etc
- Opinionated about products, with good user experience instincts
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.