About the role:
The Autonomous Vehicle Development Team is looking for a Senior Autonomous Vehicle Integration Engineer to help bring up (configure and calibrate) and troubleshoot issues on autonomous vehicles. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operations, to scale new vehicle introductions.
This is a great opportunity to apply your transferable skills and experience from a crossover industry, such as aerospace / avionics, UAVs / drones, robotics, automated manufacturing, or medical devices.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and software integration and introduction of new autonomous vehicles platforms.
- Work with calibration teams to ensure calibration infrastructure is compatible with the new vehicle platforms.
- Debug HW and SW issues on vehicles and take-on troubleshooting and repairs. Ability to write your own scripts will aid in this process.
- Become familiar with Cruise AV systems and proactively respond to vehicle changes.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with vehicle hardware, calibration and bring up processes and tools.
- Work cross-functionally with GM and Cruise engineers to implement new technology related to hardware evolution and enhancing autonomous vehicle operation.
- Proactively look for and drive improvements to process and design to support safety, maintainability, and scalability both at Cruise and at GM’s factory.
- Work with other engineers to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues to run NVI operation at scale.
- Some travel may be required (<10%).
- Previous systems integration experience (6+ years with BS, 4+ years with MS) working closely with mechanical, electrical, and software teams on electromechanical systems.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills, able to identify and surface issues within complex HW/SW systems.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment with an evolving project scope
- Effective communicator and excellent attention to detail.
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.