About the role:
The Autonomous Vehicle Development Team is looking for a Senior Autonomous Vehicle Integration Engineer to help bring up (configure and calibrate) and troubleshoot issues on autonomous vehicles. You will work at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as the intersection of engineering and operations, to scale bring up.
This is a great opportunity to apply your transferable skills and experience from a crossover industry, such as aerospace / avionics, UAVs / drones, robotics, automated manufacturing, or medical devices.
- Perform mechanical, electrical and software integration and bring-up of new autonomous vehicles platform.
- Work with calibration teams to ensure calibration infrastructure is compatible with the new vehicle platforms.
- Debug HW and SW issues on vehicles and take-on troubleshooting and repairs. --->scripts
- Become familiar with Cruise AV systems and proactively respond to vehicle changes.
- Identify, escalate, and resolve issues with vehicle hw, calibration and bring up processes and tools.
- Work cross-functionally with GM and Cruise engineers to implement new technology related to vehicle bring up and operation of the autonomous vehicle.
- Proactively look for and drive improvements to process and design to support safety, maintainability, and scalability both at Cruise and at GM’s factory.
- Work with other engineers to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues to run NVI operation at scale.
- Some travel may be required (<10%).
- Previous systems integration experience (6+ years with BS, 4+ years with MS) working closely with mechanical, electrical, and software teams on electromechanical systems.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system.
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills, able to identify and surface issues within complex HW/SW systems.
- Comfortable operating in an ambiguous environment with an evolving project scope
- Effective communicator and excellent attention to detail.
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas.
- Ability to read mechanical, electrical single-line, and networking diagrams.
- Experience with low volume manufacturing or start-up manufacturing highly preferred.
- BS, MS, PhD in Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, Software, Mechatronics, Robotics) or other applicable technical degree.
- Experience with Python and C++ and the ability to run scripts to aid in troubleshooting diagnostics with cross-functional engineering teams.
- Previous hands-on experience with autonomous or robotic systems.
- Experience with software version control systems like git or svn.
- Experience within the automotive industry.