We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Engineering Manager with expertise in State Estimation, Filtering, and Localization. At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical, and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be contributing code day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate wins.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead and grow an engineering team in building a well-tested, high-reliability, and high-integrity localization system.
- Work with your team to set a technical direction including requirements definition, system architecture, implementation, integration, and testing strategies.
- Coordinate your team’s work inside the company: identify priorities, communicate successes and recruit additional resources when challenges arise.
- Conduct performance reviews, identify top performers, and support their growth into Engineering Management or Technical Leadership roles.
- Invest heavily in recruiting by working closely with recruiters, engaging candidates, and identifying opportunities for external engagement to improve the Cruise engineering brand.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Master’s / PhD in Mathematics, Engineering, Science, or a related discipline focusing on state estimation, filtering, navigation, and/or localization.
- 7+ years industry experience including navigation algorithms used for control systems.
- 3+ years experience managing engineering teams and setting their technical direction.
- Strong skills developing C++ applications in Linux environments.
- 3+ years experience developing software following modern software engineering best practices.
- Experience with ROS.
- Experience shipping and maintaining in a production environment.
- Experience characterizing and setting requirements for proprioceptive sensing hardware.
- Experience with FMEA, FTA, or similar safety analysis techniques.
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.