We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a productive and ambitious Security Engineer to join its Application Security team. The Application Security team supports Cruise’s mission of deploying self-driving cars at scale by building tools and partnering with developers to safeguard Cruise’s software, systems, and assets. The AppSec team goes beyond finding bugs by partnering with development teams to support secure software development across Cruise’s broad tech stack.
Why join Cruise AppSec?
- Opportunity to define the future of transportation alongside industry leaders
- Work with modern technology stacks, and employ the latest and greatest tools and techniques
- Be part of an organization where security is prioritized by senior leadership
- Enjoy a healthy work-life balance
- Build, deploy, and maintain security tools, libraries, controls, and instrumentation in Cruise’s codebases
- Develop tools and processes to automate the discovery and prevention of security issues
- Perform code and design reviews to identify and help remediate security flaws
- Utilize threat modeling to monitor Cruise’s attack surface and influence system design patterns
- Partner with developers from throughout the organization to design and promote secure software architectures
- Significant experience with at least one of Node, Go, or Python
- Experience finding vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications
- Equally invested in finding bugs and creating solutions
- Strong understanding of cloud services and architectures
- Exceptional ability to communicate and collaborate with developers, non-engineering stakeholders, and leadership
- Must be a relentless self-starter who thrives amid ambiguity
- Experience with C/C++ and embedded software security
- Experience designing, developing, and maintaining professional software
- Experience with GCP, Kubernetes, containers, secrets management systems, cryptography, popular threat modeling systems, and other contemporary security topics
- Contributions to the security community (open source, published research, presentations, blog posts, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or above in CS, Engineering, Math, Physics, or similar
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.