We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Program Manager to deliver business-critical Privacy and Security programs. As a Senior Technical Program Manager for the Security team, you will work cross-functionally to deliver solutions that decrease privacy risks for our future users, employees, and candidates.
In collaboration with Privacy, Security, and Legal leads you will be responsible for driving project execution from ideation to production, partnering with leads to define requirements, identify risks, manage schedules, and communicate clearly with project stakeholders. This role is accountable for a large scope of cross-functional work and engaging with a large set of stakeholders and customers. You will manage an array of dependencies and moving parts.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Design, develop and manage activities for specific technical programs from ideation and planning through production, release, and expansion.
- Contribute cross-functionally to drive program requirements.
- Responsible for the timely and successful delivery of the systems supporting technical products. Assess the right balance of risk to allocate the right resources, anticipate bottlenecks and make trade-offs. Track and report on project progress, schedules, risks, and opportunities; proactively drive corrective action as needed
- Work with key stakeholders, including Legal and Product, to drive clarity on requirements
- Manage day to day operational aspects of multiple projects with large, informal teams
- Partner with Engineering Manager/Technical leads to define and document requirements and roadmap
- Maintain intimate knowledge of systems, and identify unnecessary complexity or unmet dependencies
- Turn requirements and product specs into implementation roadmaps, including identifying cross-team dependencies and balancing new projects with tech debt or other proactive initiatives
- Collaborate with non-technical teams to integrate requirements, plan for, and execute on dependent work
- Work with Engineering Managers to calculate capacity and estimate effort for upcoming plans
- Collaborate with Technical Leads and Engineering Managers to prioritize projects based on constraints
- Drive planning for your respective engineering and business teams
Execution and Delivery
- Run relevant sprint meetings (planning, retro, etc.) alongside Engineering Managers and Technical Leads
- Attend relevant customer/other meetings to monitor progress, answer questions, and clarify details
- Escalate and coordinate with dependent teams to unblock work
- Drive and create processes for engineering tracking and execution
- Document status updates on progress towards deliverables, including monitoring project health
- Update company planning schedule as needed
- Monitor and flag ongoing risks, and address mitigation
- Validate non-functional requirements have been met, such as latency, performance, scalability, and cost
- Communicate schedule and progress to larger company program
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience in privacy, security, or compliance principles or technologies, such as sensitive data handling, retention, user data protection, privacy by design, gap analysis, DLP, anonymization.
- Understanding of complex technical systems
- Ability to adapt and operate in a fast-paced environment under ambiguity
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Ability to confidently bring order and organization to any team
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative feedback to form insights that drive actions
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.