We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
We are looking for a talented Electrical Engineering (EE) Manager to lead, manage, and grow the EE team in a fast-paced environment. At Cruise, we believe in managers who remain deeply technical and understand the challenges their teams are facing, even though they may not be the technical lead or designing hardware day to day. Our managers coach their teams to success, shield their teams from distractions, and help publicly celebrate their team’s wins. In this position they will lead the development, architecture, analysis, and qualification of on- and off-vehicle EE systems within the Hardware R&D team.
- Responsible for growing and developing a world class team of electrical engineers dedicated to the development of hardware for Autonomous Vehicles
- Create and execute technical roadmaps for team while promoting (and living) a healthy and collaborative team culture based on Cruise values.
- Manage and groom team backlog, current tasks, and bug triage to align with Embedded Software and Manufacturing deliverables.
- Implement and uphold best practices within the team and stakeholders
- Organize and lead cross-functional collaboration efforts with Integrity, GM Vehicle Teams, Mechanical Engineering, Embedded Software, Test Engineering, and Manufacturing to ensure full coverage in requirements and features
- Conduct reviews on component selection, schematics, PCB layout, analysis (signal integrity, power integrity, EMC, etc) and validation plans to ensure high quality of work
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications
- 7+ years of industry experience in developing electrical systems including CPU/GPU/FPGA/SoC, DDR, PCIe, sensors, ethernet, and serial interfaces
- 5+ years of direct management experience with a proven track record of building high-performance teams
- Experience validating complex, high-availability electronic systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross-functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in developing electrical architectures and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- Experience automotive and safety critical applications
- Experience in a regulated industry
- Experience with Altium Designer and/or NEXUS
- Experience with Atlassian Jira and Confluence
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.