We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
As the Head of Benefits, you will be responsible for leading the strategy, design, administration, governance, and compliance of our portfolio of competitive benefits offerings including health and welfare, 401(k), leaves, perks and more. You will be responsible for maturing Cruise benefits into a meaningful set of programs supported by exceptional employee experience. This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow a team to meet the evolving needs of Cruise.
This role reports into our VP, Total Rewards, HR Technology and People Analytics and is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Establish the Benefits vision and strategy in support of Cruise’s overarching mission and goals; develop a roadmap to achieve the defined vision and strategy in partnership with teams across the company including People Operations, Recruiting, HR Business Partners, Finance, and Legal
- Lead, manage and develop a small but mighty team of benefits professionals
- Ensure operational excellence in the day-to-day management of our benefits programs, including but not limited to vendor management, new hire enrollment, open enrollment, compliance requirements, budget management, and system requirements
- Ensure consistent and reliable program support for employees, including communications, trainings, online content and more
- Understand the unique needs of Cruise employees in terms of benefits and perks, analyze the effectiveness of our current programs, and research new potential offerings for our population based on benchmarks and competition
- Maintain efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8-12 years working with Benefits in a dynamic and high growth business environment
- 5+ years experience leading and developing professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives
- Working knowledge of key People business processes across the employee life cycle
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and manage a budget, negotiate contracts and oversee vendor relationships
- Strong working knowledge of compliance matters
- Strong focus on the end user
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with Workday for Benefits enrollment is a plus
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.