We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people with the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to help us define and manage requirements for the computation engine running running perception, planning, control and diagnostics tasks. This position provides a unique opportunity to rationalize computing resources used to integrate and parse sensor data, perform decision making, and check for health based on needs from different AV programs. The work would enable next-generation compute hardware design by tracking changes in computation needs as well as maintaining safety, security and legal constraints.
In this position, you will interact with our Hardware Engineering, Software Engineering, Security Engineering, Systems Engineering, Functional Safety Engineering and Test Engineering teams.
If you're interested in designing the computation architecture for Autonomous Vehicle, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Define the systems architecture for computational engine for Autonomous Vehicle
- Rationalize computation needs from sensor aggregation, path computation and diagnostics need
- Manage trend of computation needs based on program needs for various generations
- Define fail operational capability of the architecture, and analyze the impact of design choice over AV fleet.
- Drive the requirements definition, analysis, development and documentation of system technical specifications
- Define traceability between computation architecture and actual hardware being defined
- Drive diagnostics and reliability requirements for such architecture
- Manage rationalization of computation needs based on program needs for various generations
- Conduct and participate in feature and system safety analyses
- Review test plans and test results ensuring requirements have been met by implementation
- Analyze validation test evidence to challenge assumptions and harden requirement rationales
- Lead technical discussions, build and manage relationships with cross-functional teams and relevant stakeholders
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS Degree or higher in Engineering or other STEM field
- Knowledge on Intel and related architectures
- Knowledge of fail operational and fail safe architecture
- 6+ years experience in systems engineering for safety critical systems
- Knowledge of communications and computer networking (OSI model, switching, routing, etc.)
- Knowledge of diagnostics for Intel chips, FPGAs, and GPU architectures
- Experience with requirements management tools such as DOORS, JAMA, Rhapsody, etc.
- Ability to understand complex technical systems, specifically relating to vehicle components and hardware integration
- Experience with safety analysis including (D)FMEAs, fault tree analysis and hazard analysis
- Experience integrating key findings from test into requirements
- Have a track record of conceptualizing product from concept to engineering teams
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Knowledge of GPU and CPU EE architectures
- Knowledge of sensors including Lidars, Radars, Cameras, Ultrasonics
- Knowledge of in-vehicle communication networks (Automotive Ethernet, CAN, MOST, LIN, etc.)
- Experience with test execution on Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) benches
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.