We're the driverless car company.
We believe in improving people’s lives by making transportation safer, more accessible, and more convenient. We’re building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people with the places, things, and experiences they care about.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the Role:
We are looking for a world-class Reliability Test Engineering Manager to help us build out excellence in our autonomous hardware. You will work closely with the latest Autonomous Vehicle (AV) software and hardware systems, and with different leading vendors in the area of high performance computing and sensors to architect, select, and develop technologies for our AVs. This team will own the validation standards, requirements, and ultimate testing for the AV Hardware Systems group, develop requirements, NPI, DFMEA, processes, and drive our release process within the AV Hardware Systems group.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead and manage the Cruise Hardware Reliability Test Engineering group
- Grow and develop a team of Test Engineers and Technicians
- Define validation requirements in collaboration with design and reliability engineers
- Define and lead DFMEA action plans
- Project management for the validation and test phases of supported projects, including reporting to leadership
- Oversee DFT analyses
- Drive resolution of test findings
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years experience developing and leading validation, manufacturing engineering, or quality teams in an NPI environment
- 5+ years’ experience in aerospace, automotive or similar high-reliability engineering environment
- Experience developing test software and systems (LabVIEW VIs or comparable test platforms)
- Experience with sensors, mechatronics, and thermal management systems preferred
- MS in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- PhD in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- Have developed and deployed design control systems
- Certified LabVIEW Architect
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.