We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
As the Compensation Business Partner for the Technology organization at Cruise, you will be responsible for partnering with HR colleagues and with leaders across the many technical teams at Cruise to support the business in making informed and meaningful decisions related to compensation. You will also be a senior member of the Compensation team and be part of building and leading new corporate compensation initiatives at Cruise.
This role reports into our Head of Compensation and is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Serve as the lead compensation partner for the Technology organization - including our hardware, robotics, security, software and product groups
- Consult with senior technology leaders, HR Business Partners, Recruiting and Finance, as well as other stakeholders on an array of complex compensation topics
- Collaborate with the Compensation Team on the design, rollout, communication, and effective management of compensation programs and frameworks, including base, variable and equity programs
- Build and develop scalable tools and analytics to gather insights on internal and market trends. Recommend and model any required changes to compensation structures and practices to remain competitive.
- Support the technology businesses through compensation planning cycles. Includes delivering training and communication materials, providing consultative guidance to managers, and providing insights from data to leaders. Key player in cross-functional effort to seamlessly execute compensation planning process.
- Participate in or manage projects such as deep dives on market data benchmarking, systems design and implementation, and/or broader People projects and initiatives
- Design and improve company-wide compensation communications, tools and processes for Recruiting, managers, employees and other partners
- Mentor more junior team members
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ years of experience in various aspects of compensation in a dynamic and high growth business environment
- Deep knowledge of Radford survey benchmark jobs and database, as well as insights into Compensation practices of other top
- Highly proficient in compensation modeling in Excel
- Ideally, experience across compensation program design, analytics, business partnership
- Experience with Workday compensation planning functionality a plus
- Experience with job evaluation, salary structure design and market pricing desirable
- Proven capability and track record of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives
- Demonstrated ability to tactfully and strategically influence partners at all levels of the organization
- Keen business acumen and proven ability to align organization business strategies with compensation programs
- Exceptional communication and client relationship management skills
- Ability to accurately synthesize data, identify inconsistencies, and develop insights
- Ability to present data and concepts in an understandable way to varying audiences
- Ability to work independently, pragmatically, and collaboratively
- Strong project, process and change management skills
- Effective in working in a fast-paced environment, comfortable with ambiguity
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy breakfast, lunch, snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.