We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Sensor fusion is the process of combining multiple, separate information streams into one with higher information content and certainty than any individual source could provide. The sensor fusion teams at Cruise use different sensors to estimate the location of obstacles and occluded regions and pass this on to prediction and planning.
We are looking for experienced C++ software engineers to design and develop production-quality state estimation and sensor fusion systems. You will design, implement, and maintain the systems and algorithms that produce a representation of the world around the vehicle. These systems include both heuristic and learned models. This work requires making data collection requests and curating tests and metrics that give a comprehensive understanding of the impact of changes before we ship changes to the vehicles. Strong project leadership skills are required. Machine Learning engineering skill sets are also ideal.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or higher degree, in CS/CE/EE, or equivalent in industry experience
- 2+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong programming skills in C++ and Python
- Experiencing leading software projects
- Excellent mathematical and spatial reasoning skills
- Ability to understand and improve a large and complex codebase
- Passionate about self driving car technology and its impact on the world
- Experience with sensor fusion, state estimation, Kalman filters, particle filters, occupancy grids, and motion grids
- PhD in Computer Science or a related field
- Experience with CUDA
- ML engineering experience
- Experience in deploying perception algorithms into real world environments
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch and snacks
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.