We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Prediction team aims to determine how other agents in the world will travel in the future. The trajectories that we generate are used by Planning to determine a safe path for the AV to follow. We need to determine how different actors will interact with one another (and the AV) in order to accurately generate a trajectory, as well as consider multiple hypotheses for how any actor could potentially behave. We also have to consider how different types of actors (cars, bikes, pedestrians, buses, and more) move throughout the world and how others respond to them.
- Design and develop novel prediction algorithms that accurately forecast the future trajectory of other actors in the world
- Stay up to date with current state of the art research in the area and create proposals and prototypes to incorporate those advancements into our stack in a pragmatic and effective way
- Diagnose issues with the existing solutions, then create and test hypotheses to address those issues
- Improve and deliver reliable software through continuous integration, automated testing and code reviews
- PhD in Robotics, Artificial Intelligence, Computer Science or equivalent industry experience
- 3+ years of experience working on prediction or planning robotics problems
- Experience with motion planning or probabilistic robotics (e.g. trajectory optimization, planning under uncertainty, POMDPs, reinforcement learning)
- Proficient in writing quality and efficient C++ code in a production environment
- Proficient in writing Python, particularly for data analysis and machine learning
- Strong understanding of probability, statistics, and machine learning
- Ability to write clean, fast, reliable, testable, and highly scalable code
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.