We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Finance Organization:
The Finance team drives Cruise teams forward to create an iconic, once-in-a-generation company. We are business-minded innovators, fearless negotiators, forward-thinking process builders, and operational catalysts who take on unique challenges every day. You will be part of a diverse team developing scalable best practices to help shape the mobility-as-a-service industry.
About the Role:
Cruise LLC is seeking to hire a Master Data Governance Manager. Candidate must be a proven leader with strong technical acumen to develop, direct and manage data governance, master data, and data integration related activities. The Master Data Governance Manager role is a full-time position within the Finance Systems Administration team. The role is centralized within the Finance organization and will report directly to the Senior Manager of Finance Systems. The Master Data Governance Manager will partner primarily with the Accounting, Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A), and Procurement organizations, also within Finance; however, is expected to work cross functionally across all stakeholder teams within the organization. This position requires excellent project and people management skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across all levels of the organization.
Cruise is looking to transform its Finance and Accounting business applications. To that end, the Finance Systems Administration team is planning on deploying first or second generation ERP, EPM, Payroll, Expense Reporting applications as well as other application optimization efforts. Data Management professionals define strategies and develop / deliver solutions and processes for managing enterprise-wide data throughout the data lifecycle from capture to processing to usage across all layers of the application architecture. The Master Data Governance Manager will have responsibility to establish policies, standards, processes and tools that consistently define the critical master data for Cruise to provide a single trustable source of truth and implement the processes to manage data throughout its life cycle. The position also establishes accountability / ownership for key master data to improve data quality and to resolve data discrepancies to achieve quantifiable results.
In this role, the Master Data Governance Manager will initially be tasked with implementing a master data management (MDM) application to support the various Finance applications. Post application deployment, day to day management of the MDM application, delivery of minor enhancements, and scoping for the next phase of the MDM application roll-out will be expected. While the primary responsibility of this role is focused on the MDM implementation and sustain activities, the role will have an opportunity to broaden experience through participation in other finance systems implementations and pioneering data management initiatives across all business applications. The Master Data Governance Manager will be required to have both strong technical and system skills while also having an analytical / process driven mind. In this capacity, the following key responsibilities will need to be met:
- Establish and govern a master data governance implementation roadmap to support all future state process and data improvement efforts
- Develop a Best practice Master Data Governance structure and ensure clear accountability and ownership for stewardship of the company’s critical data assets
- Develop a working knowledge of the business processes in Cruise and a good understanding of the ERP systems and datasets as they will help drive data governance activities around existing, new and emerging master data
- Develop and maintain an inventory of data elements by systems, interfaces, exchanges, upstream and downstream impacts
- Serve as a liaison between Business and Functional areas and technology to ensure that data related business requirements are clearly defined, communicated and well understood
- Coordinate meetings and workshops with data stewards and data owners covering technology gaps and to review current state process issues, data quality metrics, data quality improvements and data access controls.
- Assist in the development of data governance dashboards and data quality metrics for reporting to leadership
- Aid in resolving data quality problems through the appropriate choice of error detection and correction, process control and improvement, or process design strategies collaborating with business stakeholders and data stewards
- Partner with a pre-selected professional services firm to implement the Phase 1 roll-out of the master data tool, currently planned for 2020 go-live
- Input into the functional requirements and design as well as the technical build and test project activities
- Oversee the professional service firm managing resource hours and overall project budget
- Responsible for successful delivery of the MDM application including proper organizational change management
- MDM daily system management including but not limited to addition and deletion of users, modifying or adding to the Chart of Accounts, troubleshooting issues with technical support, identifying efficiencies within the application, and monitoring internal tickets / requests for application support
- Maintain the MDM backlog, inclusive of minor enhancement requests; communicate reasonable and attainable deadlines
- Partner with business teams to understand the requirements of new business initiatives
- Partner with IT to implement system solutions based on requirements
- Input into other strategic projects such as the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP), Enterprise Performance Management (EPM), Customer Resource Management (CRM), Project Lifecycle Management (PLM), and Human Resource Information System (HRIS) and assist with inbound / outbound integration via capture of logical data modeling
- Deliver continuous transformation by identification and design of both system and process improvements
- Have input into system control design, audit trail / evidence management, and integration across platforms
- Provide input into the definition / requirements gathering, technical definitions, proof of concept, design, test, implement, and sustain phases of project work
- Deep understanding of data structures, data interfaces and how data flows and transforms from source systems to the downstream systems
- Provide on-going process and system support during critical business operational processes, inclusive of evening and weekend hours when required
- Ensure systems are regulatory compliant and meets Cruise LLC security requirements
- Ensure database is maintained via proper integrity and timeliness Finance master data
- Document processes on Cruise’s internal wiki
- Create job-aids for users
- Create, maintain, and deliver training
Education & Requirements:
- Passionate, thoughtful, team oriented skilled professional
- 5+ years hands on experience with multiple data technologies and processes such as master data management, data architecture, data integration, data quality, and metadata management
- Experience with Oracle DRM, Oracle eDMCS, SAP MDG, Collibra, Informatica MDM, or TIBCO EBX a plus
- Minimum of 4 years’ technical leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree in role related field required
- MBA or other relevant technical certifications a plus
- A thorough background in enterprise business applications, data modeling, databases, business intelligence, and data analytics
- A good understanding of functional areas such as Human Capital Management (HCM), Finance, Accounting and other lines of the business including a deep understanding of relevant industry practices
- Strong understanding of the datasets / master data in ERP systems and the IT landscape in terms of tools, technologies
- Experience implementing and managing enterprise business systems
- Experience with SaaS applications
- Highly skilled at problem solving and critical thinking in a technical context
- Highly skilled in systems-level and operational thinking
- Advanced Excel skills including vlookups, pivot tables, if / then statements, concatenation, nested functions and formulas. Ability to create other logic formulas with ease.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills as you work with the business to set and maintain priorities
- Ability to manage high volume of requests from multiple customers in a timely, accurate and efficient manner and prioritize with minimal supervision
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, as well as the ability to translate complex issues into simple language
- Results oriented, willingness to commit to a direction and drive operations to completion
- Problem solving capabilities, particularly bridging IT and Business
- Ability to work with a cross functional team environment and communicate with multiple constituents
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.