We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
We are hiring all levels in both San Francisco and Seattle.
- Build, deploy, maintain security tools, controls and instrumentation in the Cruise codebase
- Perform code and design reviews
- Design and apply advanced security techniques
- Develop processes and tools to identify security flaws in code
- Create automated tests to encourage and enforce security controls
- Educate your fellow software engineers on application security
- Significant experience in at least one of Node, Go, Python or Java
- Strong understanding of AWS/GCP
- Understanding of common vulnerabilities in web and mobile applications
- Great ability to communicate with developers
- Interest in both breaking and building
- Excited by a fast pace, collaborative work environment where your contribution matters
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- BS, MS or PhD in CS, Math, Physics, or equivalent real-world experience
- Experienced with Docker security
- Experience with popular threat modeling systems
- Experience with static analysis
- Experience fuzzing applications and protocols
- Contributions to the security community (open source, public research, blogging, presentations, etc)
- Experience with embedded systems
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.