We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
Cruise drives thousands of autonomous miles in the streets of San Francisco every week while our self driving stack is constantly evolving as we learn more about driving challenges. Given the rapid improvements in our stack, we realized that the challenge of testing an autonomous car is as challenging as building one.
Our Software Engineers working on Perception Quality are in charge of developing cutting edge methods to evaluate Autonomous Vehicle behavior. They own and build statistical tools that allow us to predict the behavior of Cruise in the next Release using a variety of simulation frameworks and on-road data. We drive programs across cross-functional stakeholders in engineering, data science, machine learning platform, and design to develop market-leading autonomous software evaluation strategy and repeatable testing workflows across Cruise AI.
What you'll be doing:
- Develop automated workflows using python to fill framework and tooling gaps
- Design and create useful web APIs to allow users to perform tasks necessary for testing
- Accurately and effectively communicate problems or solutions to other engineers
- Develop SQL queries to analyze data to create reports and dashboards to drive engineering decisions
- Collaborate and communicate with others to concretely define and break up problems
- Always be reviewing processes for automation and tooling efficiency
What you must have:
- Strong problem solving skills and data driven solutions
- Experience automating test processes and writing test frameworks
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Strong computer science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 2+ years of experience working as a data analyst (Experience with SQL, Python, R, VBA and/or similar programming language)
- Experience interfacing with web APIs
- Master's or PhD degree in engineering or science
- 3+ years of experience as a Software Engineer
- Confident in solving ambiguous/undefined problems
- Experience in testing robotics and high-performance, highly-available and scalable distributed systems
- Strong background in Statistics
- Experience with open source tools and resources
- Experience with CI/CD
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.