We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Global Markets Organization:
The Global Markets team is responsible for safely running world-class operations for Cruise's fleets of autonomous vehicles. From driving operating cost savings before our vehicles even hit the factory to managing the complexities of daily AV operations that delight our customers (and everything in between), Global Markets oversees all operations needed to execute our technical and business objectives. Our cross-functional team is composed of operators, engineers, business analysts, and MBAs in multiple cities, and we're always looking for people eager to jump in and help us change the world.
About the role:
We are hiring a Manager of Report Assistance Operations (Phoenix) to oversee our team that provides vehicular assistance and exemplary customer support before, during, and/or after driverless trips. Candidates should have solid people management experience and strong attention to detail along with the ability to adapt on the fly to evolving situations. This role will own day to day management of a large team of support advisors and team leads as well as the processes and structure that keep the group efficient, stable, and effective as it rapidly scales.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Manage a large team of multi-level support advisors and team leads to support 24/7 operations
- Drive the success of your team to meet all SLAs while maintaining high levels of team morale, enthusiasm, and engagement
- Establish and drive exceptional standards for support operations to ensure everyone is operating efficiently and safely
- Own day to day management of the team including capacity planning, shift scheduling, individual responsibility and quality execution, performance reviews, and HR events
- Maintain personnel database and insure ensure compliance with all policies
- Work with co-employment vendor to triage issues, drive high-level strategy and workforce planning
- Facilitate and oversee training operations for team members based on established training curriculum
- Lead quarterly reviews, promotions, performance improvement plans, and terminations with contract workforce
- Project manage one-off projects assigned to team members
- Recruit and hire new team members
- Foster a healthy, motivated, and collaborative culture while developing internal staff in their professional growth
- Strategize on short and long-term department goals
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Flexible hours, including some weekend shifts and holidays. This role will be mainly scheduled from Monday to Friday from 2 pm - 10 pm. Flexibility is required to support the team’s service hours (4 pm - midnight).
- Previously managed a medium or large size department of employees/contractors
- 2+ years experience in real-time operations and people management at a high growth company
- Experience working with, debugging, and delivering feedback for proprietary tooling
- Ability to remain flexible and thrive in ambiguity
- Analytical and data-oriented; can create and use KPIs / dashboards to monitor complex operations
- Ability to identify and act on tool and process improvements to enhance efficiency
- Organized, collaborative, and structured thinker that can navigate different projects, tools, and stakeholders and communicate status, progress, issues, and changes to diverse audiences
- Knowledge of best HR practices
- Availability to work dynamic hours and be on-call for weekends and holidays
- Background in training employees/contractors
- Excitement for autonomous vehicle technology, and a desire to make it a reality
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Previous training, teaching, or learning & development experience
- Previous experience with workforce management of teams of 15+ agents that span 24/7 coverage
- Experience as a Cruise Remote Assistance team member
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.