We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced self-driving vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving vehicles will help save lives, reshape cities, give back time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
The Engineering Manager, LiDAR will lead an engineering team to support the LiDAR team. The team will troubleshoot issues, conduct in-depth root cause investigations into vehicle-specific or fleet-wide issues, and work with GM and Cruise engineers to develop long-term permanent solutions to these issues.
What you'll be doing:
- Lead a team of hardware engineers to troubleshoot vehicle-specific and fleet-wide issues on the autonomous fleet
- Conduct root cause analyses on a variety of complex issues, affecting hardware, software, integration, and the vehicle system
- Develop processes and training for Vehicle Technicians to take on lower-level troubleshooting and maintenance, continually elevating Engineers to tackle the most complex and unique issues
- Work with GM and Cruise engineers to drive continuous improvement into the design, operation, and maintenance of the autonomous vehicle based on field findings
- Work cross-functionally to develop tools for tracking, reporting, and diagnosing issues and implement automation where possible
- Work with GM and suppliers to drive issues to closure and to improve processes to prevent reoccurrence
- Improve, standardize, and scale on-call support for all Cruise global locations
- Work with the GM and Global Markets team to drive consistent processes for supporting the fleet to all Cruise locations
- Balance operational needs with engineering requirements to maintain impeccable safety record and high uptime
What you must have:
- BS or MS degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Automotive, Industrial, or similar Engineering
- Experience in an industrial, manufacturing, automotive, robotics, or similar industry
- Hands-on experience with mechanical, electrical, and software engineering components and an understanding of how they interact in a complex electromechanical system
- Experience in automotive, sensors, or calibration a plus
- Exceptional analytical problem solving skills
- Able to ramp up quickly on numerous new technical areas
- Able to analyze large data sets
- Basic programming skills for purposes of automated testing and data processing, i.e. scripting, Python, knowledge of APIs, and data security
- Our benefits are here to support the whole you:
- Competitive salary and benefits
- 401(k) Cruise matching program
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy meals and snacks provided
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly wellness stipend
- Commuter benefits
- We’re Integrated
- Through our partnerships with General Motors and Honda, we are the only self-driving company with fully integrated manufacturing at scale.
- We’re Funded
- GM, Honda, SoftBank, and T. Rowe Price have invested billions in Cruise. Their backing for our technology demonstrates their confidence in our progress, team, and vision and makes us one of the leading autonomous vehicle organizations in the industry. Our deep resources greatly accelerate our operating speed.
- We’re Independent
- We have our own governance, board of directors, equity, and investors. Our independence allows us to not just work on the bleeding-edge of technology, but also define it.
- We're Vested
- You won’t just own your work here, you’ll have the potential to own equity in Cruise, too. We are competing in a market that is projected to grow exponentially, which gives our company valuation room to grow.
Cruise LLC is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, genetics or any other legally protected basis. Below, you have the opportunity to share your preferred gender pronouns, gender, ethnicity, and veteran status with Cruise to help us identify areas of improvement in our hiring and recruitment processes. Completion of these questions is entirely voluntary. Any information you choose to provide will be kept confidential, and will not impact the hiring decision in any way.
We also consider for employment qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable laws. And, if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.