We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Marketing Organization:
The Marketing team is comprised of leaders in brand management, market research, and data analysis. We have built brands and led successful teams at various Fortune 500 companies like Google, Facebook, Intuit, LinkedIn, Visa and more. At Cruise, we're building a world-class brand from the ground up, starting in San Francisco. We work closely with cross-functional teams to develop a world-changing global brand that redefines mobility for the next generation.
About the role:
The Senior Manager, Internal Communications is responsible for developing and implementing internal communications strategies to engage, align, and inspire employees. Over the course of 2018 and 2019, we will have grown from less than 400 employees to over 1,600 employees. Our Cruisers are some of the most talented people on the planet and many come from world class companies and organizations. Given how quickly we have grown, we have a tremendous communication challenge to ensure we build an incredible company culture at Cruise. We have an opportunity to communicate a vision for Cruise’s, our business strategy, our culture, and drive employees’ understanding and engagement on company priorities and key initiatives. This position will report to the Chief Marketing Officer and work closely with the Chief People Officer and other Senior Leadership Team members to recommend and plan internal communications strategies, programs, or activities designed to address specific business issues or employee needs and achieve desired results.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Develop and implement a comprehensive internal communications strategy and program with specific strategies and action plans designed to increase overall employee engagement.
- Build and lead the internal communications team (2-3 people) to ensure our company strategy and narrative is understood across the company at all levels in all functions.
- Lead and manage partner team members from Fleishmann Hillard who help us manage our internal communications efforts at Cruise.
- Produce ongoing employee communications in print and/or electronic formats as appropriate.
- Work with Chief Marketing Officer and Chief People Officer on communications measurements to gauge effectiveness and interest level of internal audiences.
- Create innovative ways to effectively communicate information within the company and motivate employees.
- Partner with teams leading crisis preparedness activities to develop communications strategies to employees.
- Lead efforts to communicate to our AVTO (safety drivers in our cars) workforce of 500+ partners who work on our behalf as contractors.
- Ensure company-wide compliance with Cruise branding guidelines in all communications materials.
Success in this role:
- Company engagement scores with key focus on “understanding company strategy”, “Cruise is great place to work”, “Cruise is place where I can do the best work of my life”, “I would recommend Cruise to others” will be key measures by which your success will be evaluated.
- External data benchmarking (Glassdoor ratings etc) will also be considered.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8+ yrs experience in communications.
- 3+ yrs experience in internal communications.
- Heavy preference given to experience managing internal communication -- or building out internal communications teams -- for a fast-growing organization.
- Prior experience hiring, managing and leading teams.
- Experience in writing on deadline for a variety of different audiences, editorial work including the planning, development and distribution of communications materials in multiple formats.
- Experience in crisis communications and human resources-related issues
- Experience working across all functions is key.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred.
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.