We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
Cruise is creating a new-to-the-world service and a world-changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility. On the legal side, the rules are being written now, and we’re the team charged with helping guide the company on legal and risk considerations as we unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you’ll have an impact on high stakes decisions, working with technical and development teams solving some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation. This position will report to our VP, Deputy General Counsel.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Review, draft, and negotiate a variety of commercial agreements to support our global procurement organization including but not limited to master services agreements, software license and SaaS agreements, advertising and digital media services agreements and NDAs.
- Draft and negotiate general terms and conditions to support our new product introduction (NPI) organization with a primary focus on hardware, firmware and component sourcing, supplier agreements and related statements of work.
- Advise on intellectual property, joint development, and software licensing matters in connection with day-to-day and strategic commercial transactions.
- Partner with business teams across the organization to structure, draft and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Identify and explain non-standard terms and associated risks to relevant business stakeholders and interpret contract requirements, obligations and risk exposure and advise on same.
- Develop and implement training and education programs to train various business stakeholders on commercial contract terms and our commercial contracting processes.
- Develop and implement legal efficiencies to improve our contract processes and operations.
- Improve and create contract templates and negotiation playbooks.
- Manage outside counsel and legal budgets.
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experienced attorney with at least 6 years doing commercial transactions in a top law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Strong, demonstrated interest in technology and what Cruise does; ability to relate with engineers and get in the weeds
- Deep experience with commercial contracts
- Data, privacy and security counseling experience a plus
- Knowledge and experience of hardware supply chain and NPI a plus
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
- Highly responsive and service oriented with excellent legal and business judgment
- Law degree from highly regarded school; technical undergraduate degree a plus
- Member of a State bar
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.