We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
As the Head of HR Technology, you will be responsible for partnering with leaders across the People team and the business to design, build and maintain an effective and efficient HR technology portfolio. This is an exciting opportunity to build and grow a team to meet the evolving needs of Cruise.
This role reports into our VP, Total Rewards, HR Technology and People Analytics and is based in our San Francisco headquarters.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Establish the HR Technology vision and strategy in support of Cruise’s overarching mission and goals; develop a roadmap to achieve the defined vision and strategy in partnership with the teams across the company including People, Finance, IT and Engineering
- Lead, manage and develop a high performing team to support the People function, including Recruiting, HRBP, L&D, Compensation and Performance Management
- Actively partner with leaders across the organization to plan and schedule program deliverables, goals and milestones; communicate status, risks, and mitigation plans to senior leadership
- Research new technologies for use at Cruise
- Ensure consistent and reliable service delivery for internal customers
- Partner with Information Technology and other stakeholders to set direction for integration management, end-user troubleshooting, issue remediation, technology request assistance, escalation management, and security strategy and maintenance
- Maintain efficient and effective risk and compliance management practices by adhering to required standards and processes
- Manage HR Technology governance, ensuring all projects are prioritized by business value and aligned with other projects in the organization
- Plans for and ensures appropriate change management and training needs are developed and delivered across the business to support user adoption
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 8-12 years working with HR Technology in a dynamic and high growth business environment
- 5+ years experience leading and developing professionals capable of achieving aggressive business goals and objectives
- Experience managing and scaling complex systems such as Workday, Greenhouse, learning solutions, PM and Comp solutions and other specialty applications in a fast paced and changing environment
- Working knowledge of key People business processes across the employee life cycle
- Excellent project and time management skills, with the ability to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to establish and manage a budget, negotiate contracts and oversee vendor relationships
- Strong working knowledge of data privacy laws
- Strong focus on the end user
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.