We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is committed to the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road and have built an extraordinary quality team with the resources and backing required to help achieve this. We are in search of a Software Systems Test Engineering Manager for Cruise’s Autonomous Vehicles Software Team. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are tested and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
We are looking for a Software Systems Test Engineering Manager to help us evaluate, test and challenge the integration of multiple software components at a vehicle level. In this position, you will define test plans, build test benches, execute test runs and collaborate with our software developers, infrastructure, platform, systems engineering, testing frameworks and simulation team to test the AV software to ensure highly reliable systems.
If you're interested in helping us realize a future of truly driverless vehicles, let's chat!
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Work side by side with developers to release high-quality features with extensive regression testing and defining verification plans for autonomous vehicle systems
- Working in tandem with Systems Engineering teams and OEM partners to establish test coverage, ownership, and coordinate testing across teams and geographies
- Drive from initial designs to production level testing using a plethora of internal tools and technologies
- Define and implement repeatable, realistic and targeted tests
- Analyze test failures and work with developers to resolve them
- Being an outstanding customer for simulation and testing tool development teams
- Help define and measure KPIs for quality. Develop and maintain dashboards that allow for quick pulse checks and actionable results
- Hire, mentor, and motivate an exceptional team of System Test Engineers responsible for releasing mission critical products
- Contribute to strategic hiring across the company, and provide accurate assessments for hiring and promotions of potential and current team members
- Understanding the subsystem level impact of testing coverage choices and guiding the team to make efficient and effective testing trade-offs
- Determine strategies for translating on road incidents into robust and maintainable tests to ensure on road performance
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 3+ years of industry experience in implementing, managing and configuring test solutions for integrated software/robotics systems
- Mix of hands-on skills and management experience in mission-critical product development environments
- Strong organizational skills
- Extensive experience building test plans, regression testing, and root cause analysis
- Data driven decision making ability
- Strong cross functional communication and collaboration
- Proven success in detail oriented test plan design and execution
- Ability to learn quickly, starting with little information and quickly becoming an expert in your domain
- BS or MS in Engineering or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with setting up complex test management systems and databases
- Experience with working with robotics background dealing with sensor noise or non-ideal actuation
- Experience working with scripting languages to automate tooling
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.