We are Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service. We’re building the world’s best autonomous vehicles to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about.
Our vehicles are on the road in California, Arizona, and Michigan navigating some of the most challenging and unpredictable driving environments. We’re hiring people who want to solve some of today’s most complex engineering challenges and make a positive impact. Our vehicles utilize highly detailed maps as a shared state of the world, which allow them to make appropriate decisions in real time.
About the role:
Our vehicles utilize highly detailed maps as a shared state of the world, which allow them to make appropriate decisions in real time. Cruise is looking for a Senior Systems Engineer to define specifications for development and validation of mapping technologies for autonomous driving systems. As a Senior Systems Engineer for Mapping at Cruise, you’ll have the chance to help define and test the HD Maps used by the Autonomous Vehicles to navigate safely and successfully in the real world.
This is a great opportunity for individuals to apply transferable knowledge and experience with systems engineering or product management from industries such as software engineering, geographic sciences or biomedical engineering.
- Establish a shared product vision, strategy, and roadmap for your product area, rooted in a deep understanding of the product domain and compassion for the user
- Rapidly prioritize (and re-prioritize) product offerings based on impact, including defining clear success criteria so efforts are always focused around the most impactful work
- Collaborate cross-functionally with technical teams to evaluate map dependencies and drive the implementation of new feature and system requirements
- Develop feature, system and subsystem requirements for HD map gathering, labeling and distribution for autonomous driving
- Analyze and negotiate requirements with internal and external stakeholders, trace their implementation throughout product development and integration
- Lead problem resolution, tracking, and provide feedback on status to tracked problems
- Apply solid technical understanding, critical reasoning and a structured approach to solving problems in both familiar and unfamiliar domains
- 3+ years product management experience
- 5+ years of industry experience developing complex system requirements
- BS/MS in any relevant engineering field
- Ability to process a large amount of information flow, identify multiple parameters, interdependencies and inconsistencies to provide both high level systems overview and deep subject matter expertise
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities while maintaining a commitment to the tasks at hand
- Excellent technical and nontechnical communication & presentation skills
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment with a high tolerance of ambiguity
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve team processes and increase efficiency
- Experience with map modeling, Geographic Information Systems (GIS) tools related to mapping
- Experience with data analytics
- Experience with robotics or autonomous vehicles
- Experience in automotive radar, vision, LiDAR, IMU, sensor fusion
- Experience working in regulated environment
- Skilled in cross functional team communication; scrum and agile techniques
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.