We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for an SoC verification engineer on the hardware team. In this role, you will collaborate with SoC architects and design engineers to verify the design of FPGA and ASIC projects and ensure a bug-free first silicon. As a key team member, you will also be responsible for building the verification methodology, managing the verification tool chains and support lab bring up.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain and support ASIC and FPGA verification flow
- Develop and update verification test bench environment for full chip or module level
- Develop verification plans from design document, execute verification plans, regress and debug of the test failure
- Assist with bring-up and debug of hardware projects
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS or MS in Engineering or a related discipline or equivalent combination education
- Over 3 years of experience in SoC verification
- Deep knowledge of SystemVerilog test-bench language and Universal Verification Method (UVM)
- Hands on experience with CAD tool management to support small team with design and verification needs
- Hands-on experience with building SOC full-chip verification environment with 3rd party IPs
- Hands-on experience with bring-up and system debugging with firmware
- Deep knowledge of one of the scripting languages: Python, TCL
- Experience with automotive and safety critical applications including ISO 26262
- Experience with building the DV environment from scratch
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.