We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a senior, highly-experienced Technical Program Manager to lead a team of Technical Program Managers who support the Autonomous Vehicle Development organization. Your team will deliver on major business-critical programs, working cross-functionally across the company to translate business needs into technical roadmaps and execute against those plans. This role is at the intersection of hardware, software, and AV technology, as well as at the intersection of engineering and operations and reports to our Director of Autonomous Vehicle Development.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of Technical Program Managers across the Autonomous Vehicle Development organization; define roles and responsibilities and build trusted relationships with team members and all relevant stakeholders
- Collaborate with Cruise to set the technical direction for the TPM team, and anticipate strategic and scaling-related challenges
- Guide TPM team through refining requirements and setting program scope
- Capture and track inter-team dependencies and handoffs; monitor and help resolve issues
- Define program metrics and KPIs, set up mechanisms to track/report
- Communicate progress effectively across program teams, including to GM and Cruise executives
- Proactively resolve issues and drive course corrections as needed - be directly involved in helping teams foresee and overcome barriers or blockers
- Develop and optimize the systems, tools, processes, and infrastructure TPMs to ensure efficient program execution; conduct periodic retrospectives
- Foster a healthy and collaborative culture which focuses on individual engagement and development; mentor and develop team members
- Serve as an embodiment of Cruise values
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- 10+ years of industry experience in a fast-paced tech company, including direct people management and delivery of large, technically complex programs
- Top-notch communications and presentation skills, from the team to executive level
- Proven ability to calmly and confidently bring clarity, order and organization to complex undertakings; ability to understand complex technical systems
- Interest and willingness to mentor more junior staff members, identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Motivated self-starter with ability to adapt quickly and operate under ambiguity
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
- Program/Product Management, MBA, or equivalent experience translating business needs into roadmaps, carefully-scoped requirements, engineering development & delivery plans
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with data analytics and metrics-informed decision-making
- Deep and broad S/W and H/W development methodology knowledge, experience selecting and applying the best methodologies and tools to large-scale development environments (JIRA, Github, etc)
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.