We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
The Mechanical Engineer will be focused on designing and developing the AV hardware components to serve our customers’ needs in our commercial fleets. These components include: the compute and ancillary modules, roof module, and sensor suite.
- Document requirements and specifications for systems and components
- Support creation of DFMEA, statement of work, and other engineering documentations
- Execute CAD design directives from Senior Mechanical Engineers and support design development and completion
- Create and update 2D drawings using GD&T
- Create and update tolerance analyses
- Create and maintain BOM in SolidWorks and work with PLM Admin to transfer to and maintain synchronization with Teamcenter
- Work cross-functionally with engineers across the vehicle engineering as well as other engineering teams
- Collaborate with prototype and production technicians and suppliers
- Design for the appropriate manufacturing process based on quantity estimates
- Validate components and systems to spec
- Prototype various hardware projects
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Experience adhering to rigorous industry standards
- Experience supporting DFMEA’s and creation of specifications
- Completion of design work and creation of clean sheet designs
- Familiarity with GD&T and has creation of 2D drawings
- Tolerance analysis experience
- Creation and maintenance of bills of materials using SolidWorks
- Worked with cross functional engineering teams to meet design requirements and solve problems
- Collaborated with technicians and Senior Mechanical Engineers in designing tests and test fixtures
- Knowledge of standard manufacturing processes and common material properties
- Expertise in SolidWorks
- One or more year(s) of experience designing for manufacturing and/or assembly in medium to high volume production design
- Knowledge of thermal mechanical systems
- Experience integrating electrical and mechanical systems
- Working experience with FEA packages
- Coachable with ability to work independently
- Fast learner with the ability to take directions from senior team members
- Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical Engineering
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.