We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise Legal Organization:
Cruise is creating a new-to-the-world service and a world-changing category of autonomous vehicle mobility. On the legal side, the rules are being written now, and we’re the team charged with helping guide the company on legal and risk considerations as we unlock the future. We’re a collegial group in which every role matters, and you’ll have a big impact on high stakes decisions, working with technical and development teams solving some of the hardest engineering challenges of our generation. This position will report to our Deputy General Counsel - Corporate & Transactions.
Day-to-day responsibilities Include:
- Lead projects to support our corporate governance efforts that include Board support and intercompany governance support
- Assist in supporting corporate development transactions (mergers, acquisitions, divestiture, sale of investments, and investments into new ventures, strategic alliances, partnership agreements), corporate finance activities and other strategic transactions
- Support the legal needs of our finance, accounting and corporate real estate teams
- Administration and resolution of legal issues and contract interpretation matters that arise in existing commercial relationships
- Supervise paralegals and manage outside counsel and legal budgets
- Develop and implement legal efficiencies to improve our governance processes and operations
- Improve and create contract templates and negotiation playbooks
- Assist in developing training materials and provide training to the business on relevant topics
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Mid-level attorney with at least 4+ years experience in well-regarded law firm and/or in-house legal department
- Must have prior corporate and securities experience with corporate governance matters for Delaware private and public companies, M&A, securities compliance, and corporate finance
- Ability to collaborate on multiple projects with short deadlines simultaneously
- Highly responsive and service oriented with excellent legal and business judgement
- Member of a State bar
Perks of being a Cruiser
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.