We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is committed to the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road and have built an extraordinary quality team with the resources and backing required to help achieve this. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are tested and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
We are seeking a dynamic System Test Engineer to support the testing and qualification of various programs for AV Robotics. You will be part of an extraordinary team of Engineers who identify and resolve potential risks for all aspects of validation of autonomous driver performance in order to support development, safety qualification and testing. You will have experience with systems level testing, and validation. In this role you will be responsible for generating test programs and scripts.
You will have direct impact on Cruises’ future products by ensuring elite solutions to demanding test and engineering challenges.
- Responsible for responsible for creating test cases, executing appropriate tests, and analyzing the results and how they correlate to on road data
- Perform root cause analysis on complex integrated systems
- Create test plans and verification strategies to support ongoing feature development and bug fixes.
- Create test cases, execute the appropriate tests, and analyze the results and how they correlate to on road data.
- Validate and analyze autonomous driver performance to support development and safety
- Support implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
- Work with Safety officer to develop evidence for public safety argument
- Identify test gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and test frameworks
- 1-3 years of related root cause analysis experience or complex trouble shooting across multidisciplinary systems
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Strong foundation in physics, motion control and kinematics
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Minimum BS degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, math, physics, or other relevant course of study
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.