We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is committed to the responsible deployment of the best AV on the road and have built an extraordinary quality team with the resources and backing required to help achieve this. This is a unique opportunity to own and define how autonomous systems are tested and what it takes to get the driver out of the vehicle, safely and at scale.
We are seeking a dynamic System Test Engineer to support the testing and qualification of various programs for AV Robotics. You will be part of an extraordinary team of Engineers who identify and resolve potential risks for all aspects of validation of autonomous driver performance in order to support development, safety qualification and testing. You will be experienced with systems level testing, and validation. In this role you will be responsible for generating test programs and scripts. You will have direct impact on Cruises’ future products by ensuring elite solutions to demanding test and engineering challenges.
- Perform root cause analysis on complex integrated systems
- Create test plans and verification strategies to support ongoing feature development and bug fixes
- Create test cases, execute the appropriate tests, and analyze the results and how they correlate to on road data
- Validate and analyze autonomous driver performance to support development and safety
- Support implementation of safety methodology, documentation, requirements, and tests
- Work with Safety officer to develop evidence for public safety argument
- Identify test gaps and drive requirements for new test tools and test frameworks
- 1-3 years of related root cause analysis experience or complex trouble shooting across multidisciplinary systems
- Strong spatial comprehension and computational skills
- Experience in Controls Systems testing and analysis
- Strong foundation in physics, motion control, estimation and kinematics
- Domain knowledge of vehicle dynamics and actuators
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
- Minimum BS degree in electrical engineering, industrial engineering, computer engineering, math, physics, or other relevant course of study
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your workstation
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page