We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
At Cruise, our engineers have opportunities to grow and develop while learning from leaders at the cutting-edge of their fields. With a culture of internal mobility, there's opportunity to thrive in a variety of disciplines. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed.
If you are looking to solve one of today’s most complex engineering challenges, see the results of your work in hundreds of self-driving cars, and make a positive impact in the world starting in our cities, join us.
About the role:
As our vehicle engineering lead, you will be responsible for ensuring that our program meets Cruise’s product aspirations. This position reports to our VP of Hardware.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide day-to-day vehicle engineering support to Cruise's VP of Hardware on an autonomous vehicle
- Collaborate with our Global Markets team to ensure that our vehicle design meets vehicle operating cost targets
- Drive engineering testing and development, planning, and execution from the AV HW side of the vehicle
- Evaluate and analyze hardware AV performance to support development and safety
- Work cross functionally with Program Managers and Systems Engineering Leads to drive projects forward
- Lead engineering role interfacing and working together with our automotive manufacturing partners
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Ability to understand complex technical systems
- Strong technical and nontechnical communication skills
- Ability to identify and act on opportunities to improve processes and increase efficiency
- Passionate about self-driving technology and its potential impact on the world
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is the best perk of all, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our robot cars go:
- The opportunity to solve difficult problems that have immediate and valuable real-world applications
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401k Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Paid parental leave so you can spend time with the newest addition(s) to your family’s fleet
- Health and Wellness reimbursement
- Annual Learning and Development stipend
- Flexible vacation and 10 paid company holidays
- State of the art equipment for your work station
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.