We're the driverless car company.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
We seek and embrace diversity in all of its forms. We continuously push ourselves to think differently and take ownership wherever it's needed. This is a place for dreamers and doers to succeed. If you share our passion for achieving what some say is impossible, join us.
About the role:
Cruise is looking for a dynamic Director of Vehicle Engineering to drive direction and development of current and future vehicle programs. As the Director of Vehicle Engineering, you will report directly to the VP of Hardware and work collaboratively with the Leadership team.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Act as Chief Vehicle Engineer
- Ensure successful vehicle integration
- Responsible for cargo delivery hardware
- Special variant design and engineering concepts & subesquent execution
- New vehicle concepts
- Navigate hardware trade-offs between performance, quality, cost, and time to market
- Bolster partnerships and drive alignment cross-functionally in meeting program objectives
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s, Master’s, or PhD degree in mechanical engineering, robotics, or related field
- 10 years of experience in the automotive industry
- 5 years of leadership experience
- Extensive experience working with and leading highly technical teams
- Ability to work cross-functionally within entire engineering departments
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven track record leading with immense integrity, sound judgment, and strong analytical skills
- Strong business judgment and critical-thinking skills
- Program/Product Management, MBA, or equivalent experience translating business needs into roadmaps, carefully-scoped requirements, engineering development & delivery plans
- Experience with robotics, autonomous vehicles, or complex electromechanical systems
- Experience with data analytics and metrics-informed decision-making
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, EE, Math, or another engineering field
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and company paid holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Learn more about Life at Cruise through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page.
GM Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, GM Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.