We’re Cruise, the self-driving ride-hailing service.
We are building the world’s most advanced, all-electric, self-driving cars to safely connect people to the places, things, and experiences they care about. We believe self-driving cars will help save lives, reimagine cities, redefine time in transit, and restore freedom of movement for many.
Cruisers have the opportunity to define new ways of working and learn from world-class leaders in their field. This is a place where dreamers and doers can succeed.
If you are looking to play a part in making a positive impact in the world by advancing the revolutionary work of self-driving cars, join us.
About the Cruise People Organization:
Our People team develops and supports the Cruise family: individuals who are doing the best work of their careers and shaping the future. As individuals passionate about employee experience, we work to deliver appropriate solutions for employees and contribute to our culture of safety. If you are looking for an opportunity to apply your knowledge of best-in-class programs and practices and contribute to the growth of the company, leadership, and the global team, this is the team to join.
About the role:
We're looking for an enthusiastic HR Operations Generalist to join our San Francisco team to support our rapidly-growing team of employees with a wide array of human resources functions.
You’ll provide exceptional employee customer service as the representative for day-to-day HR inquiries. You’ll contribute to the ongoing evolution of the People team by providing support to various areas of the People function as a point of contact for all things HR operations. You will support team members with benefits administration, HRIS changes, and contribute thought leadership as a valued member of the People team.
Day-to-day responsibilities include:
- Provide level one support directly to employees as the go-to person for HR related inquiries through Zendesk
- Perform regular data entry and system audit requirements
- Follow up with team members and business partners to ensure required information is received, submitted and filed
- Carry out HR administrative functions, such as HRIS updates, benefit feeds, and document storage
- Participate with the People team on process improvements and project rollouts
- Partner with our attorneys and COEs to coordinate and execute on visa requirements, the onboarding and offboarding of team members, and other duties as assigned
You should apply for this role if you have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in field or a minimum of 2 years of related experience
- Understanding of federal and state labor laws
- Ability to work independently, multitask, and drive towards aggressive deadlines
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills
- Thoughtfulness, flexibility and a positive attitude
- Fluent in Google Apps and MS Office, especially Excel
- SHRM-CP or PHR certification
Perks of being a Cruiser:
While doing meaningful work is rewarding in itself, we also offer the following programs and benefits to support the extraordinary humans who serve as the backbone in making our self-driving cars go:
- Competitive salary and benefits including 401(k) Cruise matching program to help you meet your long-term financial goals
- Medical / dental / vision, AD+D and Life
- Flexible vacation and paid company holidays
- Healthy lunch, snacks, dinner
- Paid parental leave & family expansion stipend
- Monthly gym stipend
- Quarterly offsites & working retreats
- On-site massages
- State-of-the-art equipment for your work station
Take a glimpse through the lens of a Cruiser on our LinkedIn Page
Cruise LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Cruise LLC complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Pursuant to applicable laws, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. And if you believe that you will need any type of accommodation, please let us know.
Note to Recruitment Agencies: Cruise does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Furthermore, Cruise does not pay placement fees for candidates submitted by any agency other than its approved partners.